Clients frequently ask when is the best time to meet their postpartum doula?
- The 3rd trimester is the best time to start making your plans for after the birth and meeting postpartum doulas, buying books about newborn care and breastfeeding!
- Sometimes new parents realize after the first night home, they need a postpartum doula. YES, we can help you any time you call us and have a doula for you in 24 hours.
- It’s always a smoother transition for clients who interviewed their postpartum doula while pregnant and reserved her time on-call, then your doula is ready to meet you at home after the birth
During your pregnancy being occupied with the birth is normal, by your 3rd trimester is the time to start making plans for after the birth, thinking about who will be helping you with your baby, breastfeeding and recovering from the birth. Planning for a doula when your partner returns to work.
. . . Breastfeeding, While Natural is still a Learned Skill for the Mother . . .
With the Support of A Postpartum Doula, Studies Have Shown the Transition is Easier
- Like anything worth doing, it takes practice and support. A postpartum doula does affect that you have a better experience.
- Healthy newborn babies instinctively know what to do if they are placed skin-to-skin on their mother’s body after the birth. Some women breastfeed easily from the first day, and never have a problem, but many do meet hurdles somewhere in the early days home and need support and guidance.
- That is where postpartum doulas come in, by helping you have the best start to parenthood, someone to address all your questions and any concerns as you learn about your baby.
Your Doula helps around the house as you settle into your new routine
After being busy with your career and working full-time being at home with your newborn is a big shock. Coupled with the feeling if you are doing things right!
Make plans for after the birth when you need help
learning about your baby, breastfeeding and recovering
. . .